Day 1: Kinabalu Park - Timpohon Gate - Trek up to Pendant Hut (--/Packed L/D)
Meet up at Kota Kinabalu by Borneo Legend Representative. Proceed for 02 hours journey going up Borneo's Crocker Range. Arrive Kinabalu National Park. Registration at Mountain Torq's & Kinabalu Park's office, collect packed lunch, meet mountain guide and transfer to Timpohon Gate (1,866m). Enjoy the trek up and be amazed by the rare species of vegetation ranging from the lower to the upper of mountain forest. To arrive at Pendant Hut (3,290m) before 1500hrs to attend the mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization briefing in Pendant Hut & meet your Mt Torq trainer. Dinner at Laba Rata's Restaurant. By 2000hrs light out and rest well for next day climb.
Day 2: Low's Peak - Via Ferrata (Walk The Torq)- Descend - KK City (Supper/B/--/-)
By 0200hrs wake up for early supper, proceed for the final challenge to reach the Low's Peak, being the highest point of Mt. Kinabalu. Be awed by the first burst of sunrise view that many said as indescribable. Descend to meet Mountain Torq Trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for Via Feratta Walk the Torq Experience. After the walk, return to Pendant Hut for breakfast, check out and head back to Timpohon Gate. Expected arrive at Timpohon Gate by 1700hrs, transfer to Kinabalu Park HQ to collect achievement certificate. Meet our company's representative and head back to Kota Kinabalu City. Upon arrive to city, check in to hotel. (Hotel booking at own arrangement. It is not recommended to book the same day return flight due to timing restriction.)
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
|Rate per person (RM)||Malaysian||International|
|04 - 06 Paxs||RM1,190.00||RM1,290.00|
|07 Paxs & Above||RM1,100.00||RM1,200.00|
Note: Above rates are subject to 6% GST starting 1st April 2015 or booking for dates April 2015 onwards.
- Accommodation: 1 night at Pendant Hut (non-heated/ Dormitory Bunk bed),
- Transfer throughout the journey, meals as indicated, all climbing related entrance fees, Climbing Permit, Climbing Insurance, Walk the Torq's equipment, Local English Speaking Mountain Guide & Climbing Certificate.
- Highlight: 6 meters Monkey Bridge, 430 meters length of rock traverse and ascend; Easy and suitable for Beginner age of 10 yrs and above.
- Air ticket to Kota Kinabalu, items/ services not stated above, and tips for Tour Guide/ Mountain Guide/ Driver
(Recommended RM10/ person per day, Travel Insurance & climbing porter fee.
- Post stay at city hotel after the climbing.
- Tour Guide (Only local english speaking mountain guide is provided).
- Lunch on 2nd day is not included as timing for descend back to Park HQ is late.
- The above rate is valid till 31/12/2015 and subject to change without prior notice.